Thursday, April 30, 2009

Review - Southern Gospeltality

This was the first release by Southern Gospeltality. It was a compilation and it had some relatively hot tracks on there. Though I wasn't (and still am not) a fan of dirty south hip hop, I found myself mildly impressed with the samplings on this CD.

The best track in my opinion was Whatchagonnado which fused together east coast, midwest, and dirty south rap styles. My favorite was the east coast style but the others were done just as well.

The went on to put out a bank of CDs which were nominal. I was never a big fan of any of the solo artists but again, I'm not a fan of dirty south.


If memory serves me correctly, 7 Ball was clueless about this release which gave me a definite ins to do the piece. This is the issue where the Knowdaverbs piece I did showed up also.

0 comments:

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Macys Printable Coupons