Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Grapetree Records - The Interview

This was one of those articles I wrote that I desperately wanted to write for quite a while. Being that I was a radio DJ spinning the music and hearing all of the rigamarole concerning Grapetree Records and everything behind what was going on, I discussed this with editor of FEED at the time and said I wanted to take the assignment.

My tenure as a DJ for the hip hop and dance show Zero Gravity brought me in contact with many people in the industry. Some of those relationships I still have until today. Much has changed since that time but I learned a lot during that time.

In terms of interviews, this was really the first one where I had to hunt down multiple people. It wasn't too hard except for the most part (read the article on details on what happened with Knolly Williams).

All in all, I found out that I LOVED doing research and simply being an investigative reporter of sorts. Interviews are a forte of mine and I wish I had the opportunity to do more of them. Suffice it to say that having this as one of the main feature articles in that issue of FEED gave me a little license with the length which just added to the enjoyment of writing it.

Just click on each image to view it at full size.

0 comments:

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Macys Printable Coupons